My friend Cheryl certainly likes to throw a good party. You know Cheryl from her awesome blog, TidyMom, but probably also recognize her as my partner in crime for SoupaPalooza. This spring, Cheryl has traded in her soup bowls for salad tongs and is hosting a one of a kind event – The Salad Social!
I love a good salad almost as much as I love a big bowl of soup, so I can’t wait to see all the recipes that will be linked up to her salad party. If you have a recipe to share, make sure to head over to Cheryl’s blog and check out the details, including some great prizes.
The salad I’m sharing isn’t your typical lettuce salad, but it is so darn good. My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me at a barbecue over the weekend and I couldn’t get over how awesome it was. In fact, I came home from her house and started a batch of my own.
I’ve never been a huge fan of potato salad or coleslaw – and you know, those are just about the most popular salads brought to summer events. It was so nice to be at a party and see something other than the traditional served… this Robust Bell Pepper Salad truly stole the show!
Do you have a favorite salad? Remember to share it over at TidyMom starting next week, during her fun Salad Social – I can’t wait to see what you bring!
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 16 ounce bottle Robust Italian Salad Dressing
- Place chopped bell peppers and cherry tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Pour Italian salad dressing over the pepper / tomato mixture.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight, for best results. Can be served within a 3-4 hours as well, but peppers will not be as tender and flavorful.