When I am asked to bring something to a party, I tend to be your main dish or dessert girl. For some reason, appetizers have never been my forte. This is why I challenged myself to spend more time this year perfecting my appetizer skills. It’s not like appetizers are all that hard to make. I guess I just feel like sometimes they require more creativity than I have the skills for.
When Yoplait contacted me about creating a recipe using their new Lactose Free line of yogurt, I thought it was a great opportunity to hone in on my appetizer making skills.
I went with a recipe that can be adapted and tweaked to put your own spin on flavors. Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups are full of spicy buffalo chicken, cooled off a bit with shredded cabbage and a creamy lactose free yogurt sauce, and wrapped up in a cute little bite size wonton cup. They are a bit of appetizer perfection in a spicy little handheld cup. Enjoy!
Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenders, boiled and cubed
- 24 won ton wrappers
- 2 containers (6 oz) Yoplait Lactose Free Vanilla Yogurt
- ½ cup prepared lactose free Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded cole slaw cabbage and carrots (without sauce)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Line 2 cupcake pans with wonton wrappers. Bake 3-4 minutes until edges are brown.
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt and wing sauce. Slowly add cubed chicken and shredded cole slaw cabbage and carrots. Mix until well blended.
- Place one large spoonful of chicken mixture into each prepared won ton cup, filling each cup completely.
- Place in the oven again, baking for 4 minutes or until mixture is warmed through. Serve hot.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Yoplait Lactose Free Yogurt for my time and ingredients to create this recipe. All opinions expressed are my own.