It’s a Wrap {Recipe: Buffalo Chicken and Black Bean Wrap}

Swanson’s chicken challenged me to create a recipe to solve the 5 o’clock dinner dilemma. My biggest challenge with dinnertime is to remember to set out the meat from the freezer. Nine times out of ten I have a plan, but if that plan requires simply removing the meat from the freezer, my mama brain goes mush and I forget until it’s time to begin making dinner!

When the microwave defrost button is even more than I have time for, I look into my pantry to see what alternatives there might be. A simple can of Swanson’s Premium Chunk Chicken can solve the dinner dilemma in a flash.

I created a Buffalo Chicken and Black Bean Wrap using Swanson’s Premium Chunk Chicken. I am a huge fan of wraps and my family is too. Everything seems to taste good when it is wrapped in a warm tortilla! The bit of heat provided by the wing sauce gives this wrap a grown up flavor, but kids love it too.

How do you solve the 5 O’Clock Dinner Dilemma?

Recipe: Buffalo Chicken and Black Bean Wrap

1. Heat chicken and black beans in a medium saucepan. Add Buffalo Wing Sauce and heat through.
  2. Spread 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing on each tortilla. Add a small handful of spring salad mix and shredded cheddar cheese.
  3. Spoon 1/4 cup of chicken and black bean mixture into tortilla. Wrap up, burrito style, and serve warm.

This is a sponsored post on behalf of Swanson’s Premium Chunk Chicken. I was compensated for my time and ingredients. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

wraps are a favorite at our house, too! last week, I pulled out the Penzey’s taco spice mix and made a Mexican flavored wrap for dinner that night… not a bit left for leftovers! Yum!

I love your creative meal planning – turning a plain wrap into something delicious. And, that picture is gorgeous!
    I have to write down a meal plan weekly or monthly. That 5 0’clock hour is not pretty if I do not have a plan in place. :)

I always use this canned chicken for chicken salad and I don’t know why I don’t think of it for dinner!!!

Thanks for the inspiration and as always, your photos are lovely :)

Happy Weekend!!

Yum. I will have to remember this idea. I am FAMOUS for not defrosting meat for dinner. (BTW…this canned chicken works well for Chicken Tortilla Soup, too. So easy for a quick meal.)

Totally on board with this Kristen. What a fun challenge. I love making easy weeknight meals with what’s in my cabinet, and that usually includes canned chicken. Sounds delicious!

Great idea for a last-minute dinner. We’ll have to add this to the repertoire…I am constantly forgetting to take the meat out of the freezer. In that case, I typically make a kitchen sink salad–canned tuna, chickpeas, whatever veg I have in the fridge over lettuce with olive oil and vinegar. Or when we’re not so healthy, I wrap hotdogs in tortillas with cheese.