Swanson’s chicken challenged me to create a recipe to solve the 5 o’clock dinner dilemma. My biggest challenge with dinnertime is to remember to set out the meat from the freezer. Nine times out of ten I have a plan, but if that plan requires simply removing the meat from the freezer, my mama brain goes mush and I forget until it’s time to begin making dinner!
When the microwave defrost button is even more than I have time for, I look into my pantry to see what alternatives there might be. A simple can of Swanson’s Premium Chunk Chicken can solve the dinner dilemma in a flash.
I created a Buffalo Chicken and Black Bean Wrap using Swanson’s Premium Chunk Chicken. I am a huge fan of wraps and my family is too. Everything seems to taste good when it is wrapped in a warm tortilla! The bit of heat provided by the wing sauce gives this wrap a grown up flavor, but kids love it too.
How do you solve the 5 O’Clock Dinner Dilemma?
Recipe: Buffalo Chicken and Black Bean Wrap
- 2 12.5 oz cans Swanson’s Premium Chunk Chicken, drained
- 1 16 oz can Bush’s Black Beans, drained
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce, mild
- 1/3 cup Ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup Dole Spring Salad mix
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortilla, warmed
- Heat chicken and black beans in a medium saucepan. Add Buffalo Wing Sauce and heat through.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing on each tortilla. Add a small handful of spring salad mix and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of chicken and black bean mixture into tortilla. Wrap up, burrito style, and serve warm.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Swanson’s Premium Chunk Chicken. I was compensated for my time and ingredients. All opinions expressed are my own.