This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Rebecca Olson! Thanks to all for entering.
As part of my 2012 focus word to “connect” more with others, I have decided to shoo away my Reluctant Entertainer and open up my home to others more often. Occasions big and small, I’m happier and my home is a happier place when we share it with others.
Budget is often something that we have to take into consideration when we entertain, so when Sam’s Club challenged me to create a menu on a budget for a get together, I jumped at the chance. My assigned budget was $60.00. I decided for a New Year type gathering (or even a Super Bowl party) snacks and appetizers were the way to go. Into my cart went:
- A package of large shrimp (For Panko Crusted Shrimp..recipe below) $11.98
- A bag of Italian Meatballs (For Game Day Meatballs) $13.98
- A package of Chicken Wings (For Oven Baked Chicken Wings) $13.98
- A large bag of Pretzel Crisps $5.98
- A box of Clementines $5.96
- A box of Red Grapes $7.98
- I picked up a Diet Coke fountain drink as a special treat for me $.89
- Grand Total: $59.65
With a few pantry staples to create the recipes, I think this makes for a quick and inexpensive entertaining menu, don’t you? I always appreciate when hosts set out fresh fruit to snack on. If it is there, I’m more likely to to munch on that versus chips, which my waistline appreciates! Sam’s Club has some of the best fresh fruit around, in my opinion, all season long!
When you think about entertaining in 2012, remember, you don’t have to break the budget to open your home to others. Shop smart, think simple, and shoo away your “Reluctant Entertainer“. Open your home and people will be thankful for your hospitality.
Entertaining is certainly more fun with the right equipment, right? How would you like to win a KitchenAid mixer so you can whip up more great things for your guests? Sam’s Club has offered to give one lucky Dine & Dish reader a new KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer! To enter the giveaway simply leave a comment on this post telling me your best tip for entertaining on a budget.
For additional entries:
- Become a fan of Sam’s Club on Facebook. Leave a separate comment on this post letting me know you completed this.
- Tweet the following: “I’d love to #win a @KitchenAidUSA Stand Mixer from @SamsClub and @DineandDish http://bit.ly/yWzhWt ” Leave a separate comment on this post letting me know you completed this.
- Share the link to this giveaway with your Facebook friends. Leave a separate comment on this post letting me know you completed this.
All entries must be received by midnight CST on Thursday January 12th, 2012. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and notified via valid email address. Thanks for entering and best of luck!
Now for the recipe…
Recipe: Oven Baked Panko Crusted Shrimp
- 20 large shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails intact
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Zatarain’s Original Creole Seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Drizzle a baking sheet with 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with Kosher salt and black pepper. Toss.
- Beat the egg and pour over the shrimp. Stir until the shrimp is well coated.
- On a large plate, combine the Panko bread crumbs with creole seasoning. Mix well.
- Coat each shrimp with the bread crumb mixture. Place on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the shrimp with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Sam’s Club. Sam’s Club provided me with a gift card to cover entertaining expenses and is providing one lucky Dine & Dish reader with a KitchenAid Stand Mixer. All opinions expressed are my own.