Picture the Holidays {The View From Here}

Today’s Picture the Holidays Photo Prompt was “The View From Here”. I think the prompt was meant to be nature related.. as in the view from our window or the view outside, but tonight, there is no view that would make my heart more full than the site of all four of my kids decorating the Christmas Tree. I love, love, love Christmas traditions and decorating the tree is one of my favorite things all season long.

The photo is dark and noisy and totally not perfect, but I love everything about it!

Almost used this photo for today’s prompt, but love the one of all the kids just that much more.

Do you have your holiday decorations put up yet? What ornament or decoration is most special to you?

Comments

Oh my goodness. I love everything about these photos. Such beautiful moments and memories in the making!

I don’t know if I could choose a favorite ornament. Just love pulling them all out each year, and remembering the stories and people they celebrate. I look forward to it every year!!

I Love the pictures! So perfect and picturesque! We have not put up our tree. But the garland and wreath is up. My favorite ornaments are those ones my mom collected for me through the years as a child – the ones engraved w my name and year. :)

3. Nancy Wyatt says

Love this! And I think you need to use that photo of all the kids as a Christmas card! I would be happy to help and if you have a Costco you can get them printed 50 for $14.99 hugs from Conroe, Texas

• says

I had my ISO cranked up crazy high, so that yellow tint is natural ;) I did play around with it using Totally Rad’s Rad Lab. Do you have that? I just downloaded it last week and am in LOVE with what it can do! This picture was so dark – it still is…and super noisy, but Rad Lab helped salvage it!

I absolutely adore those pictures. I have a similar one of my three decorating out tree this year, and it just warms my hear when I look at it. Your photos simply amaze and inspire me.

I absolutely love that picture, it is just beautiful. You may not think that it is technically perfect but I would much rather look at a photo like that which captures a moment than something with all the right settings etc but which doesn’t tell me anything.