Help Me Create a Snapfish Photo Book – 100 Potential Winners!

(This is my photo for today’s Picture the Holidays, prompt Small Things)

I take a ton of pictures. I mean a TON of pictures. If you’ll remember back to a few months ago, I lost all of my pictures from 2011 in an unfortunate iPhone / iPhoto update fiasco. I was devastated because I take a ton of pictures, but have failed over the years to actually print my pictures off. They have been neatly stored on my computer hard drive, basically waiting for the unthinkable to happen…and the unthinkable DID happen.

I was thrilled when my friends at Snapfish contacted me about the opportunity to create a Snapfish Photo Book! I’ve always had the best intentions when it came to printing off photos.. and even have had goals of turning my pictures into beautiful books our family could enjoy. Intentions are one thing… actually doing it is another. I assumed I didn’t have the talent, time or budget to create a gorgeous photo book. I found out very quickly after looking through what Snapfish offers that I was wrong. Snapfish makes creating photo books simple and affordable!

Here’s where I need your help!

I’ve been chosen to participate in a contest with 9 other very talented bloggers. The blogger who Snapfish believes has the most creative photo book will win a $100 gift card credit to Snafish. The best part? If my book is chosen as the most creative, the first 100 people who comment on this post with suggestions for what my photo book should be will also win a $100 Snapfish gift card!! You win, I win… we all win!

So, now… let’s chat. What are your ideas for my photo book? Should it be a collection of my favorite recipes and photos? Should it be about some of our favorite trips? How about an ABC book of things that make me happy (which goes along nicely with my 2011 focus on happiness!) Maybe just a photo of random yet favorite photos I’ve taken through the years? Please leave a comment on this post letting me know your ideas for my very first Snapfish Photo Book!

I’ll use your ideas to create my book and hopefully, in the end, we’ll all be winners! Oh – remember to leave a valid email address with your comment. That’s how Snapfish will dole out the 100 winning gift cards if we win! Thanks so much for your help.

This is a sponsored post as part of the Snapfish “Your Creative Lens on Life” campaign. I am receiving compensation for my time and Snapfish is providing me with a photo book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

1. Natalie Shmigelsky says

I think you should do an ABC book liked you mentioned and include some recipes and some family! nlevdan3 at yahoo dot com

2. beck says

I think a photo book by the month would be fun. You could pick your favorite food or event or trip or funny story about your family or not so funny story about your family catch it in photos and bring it to light- and then break it down into a month by month calendar book. if you put the calendar in it and a place for personal notes to be written it is something you could use as a gift for your family as well. Highlight “becky’s birthday in march her stuffing a cupcake in her mouth, the fabulous meal you cooked for her birthday weekend and then spring break at disney and start the Chapter with a fun calendar” Just at thought.

Great ideas! Food IS family at our house! It is also a huge part of our celebrations. What dishes do you make for special occasions?

4. Eva Baseley says

my sister did one that I love–and I recommend the theme to anyone. Family recipes, with pics of the family–go back a generation or two–extend it to cousins, whatever. Something that will be fun to pass down to future generations, to see what we loved to eat as well as a little bit of who we were.

5. Hope says

I love the idea of an ABC book of things that make you happy, with your 2011 focus on happiness goal on the front page. Each picture should evoke a happy memory

6. Sara Hoepner says

Kristen, you know I think all of your photography is great, so it is hard to choose. But I think a month by month of memorable moments from you children’s lives would be awesome. You take beautiful pictures of you kids and you’ll enjoy the book for a lifetime.

I have always liked doing photo books for the kids of a particular event from their point of view. So when we took our epic vacation two summers ago, I made a book for Maggie that focused on the vacation from her point of view. She loves it and reads it all the time! So maybe a book about 2011 from Leah’s POV? That would be funny…

I think this is great. In my opinion whenever you create has to have a story behind it. Be it recipes with photos and family or whatever you decide to choose, it must tell your story. From reading the other comments I see there’s a lot of great ideas here. Maybe you can talk a little from each and create your story. Wishing you the best…. ;)

9. Cathy S. says

I love the idea of a book about things that make you happy. This could be for the year or up till now in your life. The possibilities are endless. Do you remember when the newspapers used to put in the little sayings “Happiness is..”? I think this would be a great title and just go with it from there!

10. ACMommy3 says

A photo book with fun family and friends pictures, with a theme along the lines of “happiness is…..” would be neat. like pics at the pool with the words “happiness is….staying cool at the pool.” or pics at the park with “happiness is swinging so high you can touch the sky.” But I didn’t mean that you have to rhyme or anything, it’s just accidental that my sample lines came out that way! LOL! :-D creedamy [at] yahoo[dot] com

I think a book of your favorites food photos and recipes would be great. I’m constantly looking up the same recipes over and over on my own blog to be sure I have the timing right, or that the oven is at the right temp. and it would be great to have all the recipes I make most often in one place.
    Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

12. Lynn says

I think you should do a book of photos that make you happy. This way it will probably include some of your food photos as well as family, friends and the small things we take for granted but yet are so beautiful all around us. Good luck!!

13. Heather says

I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a book of fun memories. We are doing a “cooking with Nana” theme for Christmas this year. Kids, family, Nana cooking, eating, along with her fave recipes photoshopped into old timey photos. Good luck!