I’m so excited for the cookie baking stage of the holidays to begin. Last year, one of my favorite cookie creations were these Cinnamon Roll Cookies with Vanilla Glaze. How can you not love a cookie with a cinnamon roll twist? So good!
When Pillsbury sent a call out to a few bloggers to turn a favorite cookie recipe into one that can be made using their Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, I jumped on board. I love making the cookies from scratch but am also the first to love a good shortcut when it’s available.
These Simple Cinnamon Roll Cookies are so easy… just a few ingredients and quick to make, you’ll want to make sure you make room on your holiday cookie tray for this tasty treat.
- Recipe: Simple Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- warm water, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and granulated sugar and set aside
- Roll out Pillsbury sugar cookie dough onto a lightly floured surface into a 9x6 rectangle
- Spread cinnamon and sugar mixture over the surface of the cookie dough, gently pressing into the dough
- Carefully roll dough lengthwise, jelly roll style
- Sprinkle dough with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture
- Slice dough into ¼ inch thick slices. Place 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Let sit for 2 minutes then remove from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. If needed, add warm water to thin, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Pillsbury for my time and ingredients to create the recipe. All opinions expressed are my own.