You may remember back in the spring when I did some work creating a tablescape and holiday recipe for Breakstone’s Sour Cream and Better Homes & Gardens. I have joined together with these two great organizations again for a fun, 4 part, holiday showdown.
You can find out about this Holiday Showdown event by visiting the Better Homes & Gardens website. In short, 2 other bloggers and I have each created a unique holiday menu using Breakstone’s sour cream. We’ve each been tasked with creating an appetizer, main dish, and dessert recipe using Breakstone’s sour cream as an ingredient. Our recipes will be judged and based on those results, and your votes, one of the bloggers will be crowned the holiday showdown winner!
For the appetizer portion of the showdown, I have created Creamy Pumpkin Soup Shooters. Creamy Pumpkin Soup Shooters are served warm in small shot glasses. This appetizer is a perfect beginning for a holiday party as you can eat them without the use of utensils.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup Shooters can also be served in large bowls as a traditional soup.
Everyone loves pumpkin this time of year. Take pumpkin to a whole new level with Creamy Pumpkin Soup Shooters!
Head over to the Breakstone’s Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Showdown page to cast your vote. You can vote each and every day during the showdown. Voters will be entered to win a weekly drawing for a $50 gift card. In addition, one lucky voter will win the $2500 grand prize. Voting on the Holiday Showdown entries on the contest page will immediately enter you into the grand prize drawing. Thanks for voting and good luck!
Recipe: Creamy Pumpkin Soup Shooters
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Breakstone’s sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly shredded parmesan (optional but highly recommended)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon (optional but highly recommended)
- Heat a medium-size saucepan over low heat. Add garlic and butter. Cook until softened, being careful not to burn. Add the chicken broth and pumpkin. Bring to a low boil. Turn off heat until warm.
- Carefully pour mixture into a blender. Add milk, pumpkin pie spice, salt, pepper and sour cream. Continue blending until well combined.
- Once blended, place mixture in a clean saucepan and heat through.
- Serve warm in large shot glasses. Garnish with a sprinkle of crumbled bacon and shredded Parmesan.