Birthday Muffins {Recipe: Simple Pumpkin Muffins}

Pumpkin Muffins

Today is my 38th birthday.

For my birthday I woke up and made muffins. Not fancy muffins. Not whole grain, unprocessed, good for you muffins. Plain and simple pumpkin muffins that use a boxed cake mix.

I’ve felt like life has been so out of control lately… that I have been out of control…so I wanted to get up and start my 38th birthday with something simple, while enjoying that fleeting moment of “I got up and baked my kids muffins for breakfast” mom success. That feeling lasted about two and a half seconds, then things went back to feeling out of control.

I am bound and determined that 38 is going to be my year. I am going to find the me that seems to have vanished a few years ago with the birth of my fourth baby. I’m going to return to being organized, develop more patience, and have more fun. All in all, I just want to feel like me again… not this raging crazy person that seems to have inhabited my body.

Birthday’s are a good thing, right? They give us a chance to reevaluate where we’ve been and plan the direction we are going to choose for the year to come. My choice has been made and 38 is going to be a great year. Hope you’ll stay along for the ride.

Recipe: Simple Pumpkin Muffins (as given to me by my friend Ashley)

• 1 Spice Cake Mix
  • 1 16 ounce can pumpkin
  • 1 cup water
  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Place the dry cake mix, pumpkin and water in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well incorporated.
  3. Pour the batter into muffin tins sprayed with Pam.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpicks in the center come out clean.

Comments

Happy Birthday Kristen. I made these a couple weeks back and added butterscotch chips and a light cream cheese frosting. I know its not low cal, but they were so good. I myself love them plain with just butterscotch or cinnamon chips.

2. Lisa says

Happy Birthday, dearest Kristen! Birthdays ARE a good thing! (I’m secretly still celebrating mine, ha!) May your wishes come true!!!
      You make 38 look great, btw! :)
      Happy happy happy birthday!!!

Happy Birthday! Good luck finding the you that has vanished. I think I’m getting closer to that each month PPD does take something away (hopefully only for a while though!)
      I make cookies the same way – except a large can of pumpkin, no water, and toss in some chocolate chips. I’m definitely going to try these muffins ;).

Sweet Kristen, you are good and perfect in every way…just the way God made you. Never, ever forget that. I know that being a mom…especially a mom to 4…is challenging. And, you, my friend, are doing a fantastic job! I so hope that 38 is your year, but, honestly, I cannot imagine you being anymore wonderful than you are right now!

“I’m going to return to being organized, develop more patience, and have more fun. All in all, I just want to feel like me again… not this raging crazy person that seems to have inhabited my body.”

Do you remember our conversation at Thermador? That’s what this reminds me of. I’m so right there with you, grasping at finding myself again. A big, long hug and a slice of cake for you today, dear. It’s your day. Embrace it.

xoxo

Happy Birthday sweet friend. We all feel that *crazy* feeling from time to time. At least I do. You aren’t alone. *Cheers* to a new year full of new beginnings…the first step starts within that mindset. You’re already on your way! xo

Sweet Kristen. I am sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. I wish I could come over and relieve some of your burden. You are much loved and appreciated and I hope the rest of your birthday is just fabulous. :)

Happy Birthday to you!

I hope this year brings you much happiness, peace and regular naps. ; )

These are yum muffins. AND they’re low points too.