Compromises {Recipe: Banana Blueberry Muffins}

Banana Blueberry Muffins

I’ve discovered that with four kids, there is a lot of comprising that goes on during the day. It’d be too easy if all four of them would agree on something. Instead, it is always three wanting one thing while one wants something else. Even if it is just to annoy the others, there is always one kid who makes the decision of what they want just to be different.

The other day I was going to make muffins and asked my kids, “Banana or blueberry?” As I anticipated, the girls wanted blueberry and Jacob wanted banana. Instead of having to choose who I liked best and basing my decision on that, I decided we would compromise. I would make a banana blueberry muffin combo.

These muffins were the perfect combination of both fruit flavors, and made everyone happy. It’s never fun when I have to base my decisions on who I love best ;)

Speaking of compromises… the folks at Coffee-Mate realized how much I seem to be enjoying my coffee lately – both hot and iced coffee. They were kind enough to send me some coupons for their Natural Bliss Coffee Creamer. Now, as a blogger, I get coupons and products to try all the time, and when I find something I really enjoy, I want to make sure to share it with you.

Coffee-Mate Natural Bliss Coffee Creamer is made from all natural ingredients and comes in three flavors – Sweet Cream, Vanilla and Caramel. I especially enjoyed adding the sweet cream flavor to my favorite Iced Coffee. It made for an indulgent, mid-afternoon, treat. I felt good knowing that I didn’t have to compromise on flavor to enjoy something made from all natural ingredients. If you give it a try, you’ll have to report back and let me know which flavor is your favorite!

Now, on to the Banana Blueberry Muffin recipe!

Recipe: Banana Blueberry Muffins

• 1 1/2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/3 cup melted butter, cooled
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  1. Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a mixing bowl
  2. Add dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
  3. Fold in fresh blueberries.
  4. Pour into 12 muffin cups, sprayed with Pam cooking spray.
  5. Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clear.

I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Coffee-mate and received coupons and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.

Comments

One Perfect Bite had a Hawaiian banana bread a while ago that has become my go-to recipe. But ran out of coconut the other day and threw in blueberries, subbed the mac nuts with pecans. Made me realize that banana is a lot more versatile than I thought and a good compliment to so many things. Cheers!

We love banana blueberry muffins in our house – made them just last week. No compromise for us :-) And I’m looking forward to trying the all-natural creamers. I enjoy their fat-free flavored creamers but worry about the un-natural ingredients.

3. Pat Wogan says

I wanted to try the sweet cream natural bliss the other day, but our Mission HEB didn’t have it. They had the other two, but I didn’t want carmel or vanilla.

4. Susan says

I like the sweet cream flavor. I think I might try the caramel flavor next. How long does this last after you open it? Does it spoil fast? I don’t drink it often so I worry that it will go bad before I can finish it. I always get it when my parents are going to be around because I know we will go through it. It is yummy. And I bet that coffee went great with those yummy sounding muffins.

I have a MAJOR addiction to coffemate vanilla. It’s one thing that keeps me from being vegan to vegetarian b/c I cannot give that stuff up! I love it!!

No other vanilla creamer brand compares and ive tried them all, regular, vegan, dairyfree, etc…love C.M. brand French Vanilla so i will defi try their new flavors, too.

“I’ve discovered that with four kids, there is a lot of comprising that goes on during the day.”– my hat is off to you. I have ONE kiddo and feel this way!

6. Kathy says

Been baking a version of this muffin that is made with yogurt, honey and white wheat flour – the taste combo of bananas and blueberries is great.

7. Tracy Gervais says

I think I need these along with the coffee/natural creamer. Can I move in? I am easy/not picky :) hope September is a much better month for you and it brings you all of the joys you deserve!!

Those muffins look like the perfect back-to-school breakfast for our girls (and me) next Tuesday – thanks! I’ve tried Coffee-Mate’s new line and the Sweet Cream is the one I usually buy. I like that the ingredient list isn’t a mile long, like their original line. Because I’m a flavored creamer freak!! :)