The Happiness Report #9 – Cozi, Cocktails & Instagram

Happy Summertime, everyone! You know the warmer weather makes me especially happy after the harsh winter we’ve had. I thought I’d share a little dose of what’s been making me happy lately.

John Daly Cocktail

Every summer, I choose a cocktail that is going to be my summer drink. I’m not a big drinker, but in the summer I love sitting out with the neighbors enjoying a cocktail. Last year it was a Perfect Margarita. The year before, I really enjoyed Mojitos. This year, however, my friend Tracy has introduced me to a refreshing concoction of half lemonade and half Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka. A discussion on Twitter indicated that this beverage was known as either a “Drunken Arnold Palmer” or a John Daly. Whatever the name, it is a delicious and refreshing cocktail, perfect for those warm summer evenings with friends.

Cozi Calendar

Are you all familiar with Cozi – the FREE online family organizational site? If you aren’t and you have a family with a busy schedule, listen up… you NEED Cozi. Cozi is a gorgeous calendar, to-do list, journaling application that can be accessed through your computer along with through apps on your phone or iPad. Since we’ve been using Cozi, it has been life changing for keeping our family in the loop. In even greater news, Cozi has partnered with FlyLady so you can import the daily routines into your Cozi calendar. Two of the best free organizational resources on the internet combined into one…you’ve got to love that! (And I’m not being paid for my opinion… I seriously love what this has done for our family). Finding something that finally works to keep our family schedule organized makes me VERY happy!

Kelly and Ella had their dance recital this weekend. It makes me happy to have it over with, but it also makes me happy to see them have so much fun this year in dance!

Kristan from the site Confessions of a Cookbook Queen had a mention of this product on her Facebook page last week and I knew I had to get me some. Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing and Texturizing Powder is just the thing for my fine, limp summer hair. I’ve used it three days in a row now and each day I’ve had lift at the roots and volume in my hair (without weighing it down). Good hair days, especially during the humid summer months, make me happy!

Instagram

If you happen to follow me on Twitter or my Dine & Dish Facebook page, you most likely have noticed me using this new photo sharing app, Instagram. Instagram is a very cool way to share what’s going on in your life through pictures. I take the Instagram pictures with my iPhone, so it makes it a quick and simple way for me to document what is currently happening. It is such a fun way to share it with others! If you end up using it, make sure to friend me. I’m DineandDish (creative, right?).

That’s it for this Happiness Report! Make sure to leave a comment letting me know what’s been making you smile lately. Let’s spread some happiness!

Comments

Kristin, I love this post! So many great morsels of happy! You are a wonderful inspiration my friend…..wish you could get ahold of that movie “Happy” I saw at Mountain Film.

never heard of cozi or fly lady so am off to check them out; LOVE the photo of the girls and I LOVE INSTAGRAM!! soooo much fun!! am really diggin’ these ‘happiness reports!’

3. Lisa says

Great list! Your girls are so beautiful! (I can’t believe that’s little Ella! Time sure does fly!)
    xx

LOVE all of this!! I doubt I can find Jeremiah Weed ANYTHING, but I can sure add vodka to an Arnold Palmer !!!

I’ve used Cozi in the past, but have to admit I got away from it when we moved to India because well … other people were managing most of my to-do list. Part of my goal for this next year is to take BACK my life (shhh … I haven’t told anyone else that yet) so I’ll get back into Cozi again!

Thanks for a great round up of wonderful things (except I don’t need powder to fluff up my hair. I desperately need Deva to calm it DOWN!!).

Your girls are adorable! Thanks for the Cozi link and the info that it’s now liked with FlyLady. I’ve been meaning to check out Cozi for over a month and keep forgetting. Now I’m there :)

My (former vodka rep) friend introduced me to the concept of the drunken Arnold Palmer – definitely sweet tea vodka was involved, but I don’t remember whether the lemonade was boozy or not. Knowing this friend, it probably was. It was delicious and PERFECT for summer.

A bit late on this one but making me happy right now is that my beloved Canucks are ONE WIN AWAY FROM THE STANLEY CUP OMG OMG OMG (and they’re playing Boston for it, which is where I live now, so everything is COMPLETELY INSANE and I love it). I might be a whole lot happier tomorrow night! Failing that, game 7 is Wednesday! Ahhhh!

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.

The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
    I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility
    but I figured I’d post to let you know. The layout look great though!
    Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Kudos

Greetings I am so thrilled I found your blog, I really found you by mistake,
    while I was browsing on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a
    tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up
    the excellent work.

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot
    of completely unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of
    it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you
    know any methods to help protect against content from
    being stolen? I’d certainly appreciate it.