It’s been a week of frozen treats and food On a Stick at our house. Today, I’m combining those two in a way that highlights all the goodness summer has to offer. Fresh Bing cherries are paired with delicious Green Valley Organics yogurt to produce a creamy, delicious Popsicle that will having you wishing summer was all year long.
If Green Valley Organics is a new brand to you, like it was me, let me take the opportunity to introduce you to the company. Trust me, you’ll want to become familiar with this company as they’ll change the way you think about dairy products!
Green Valley Organics is part of the Red Hill Farm & Creamery. All Green Valley Organics products are kosher certified and free of artificial sugar, coloring, preservatives, stabilizers or powdered milk. In addition, Green Valley Organics dairy products are the first line of lactose free, real cow dairy yogurt, kefir and sour cream to be available nationwide. If you need more of a reason to support Green Valley Organics, take a look at their website to see their pledge to their consumers. I think you’ll be quite impressed.
The Green Valley Organics yogurt was the perfect addition to these Sweet Cherry Yogurt Popsicle’s. If you’d like the chance to try out some Green Valley Organics products for yourself, you are in luck. I happen to have two Green Valley Organics Prize Packs (as in 2 winners) that each include:
- Green Valley Organics Yogurt
- Green Valley Organics Sour Cream (not yet in stores!)
- Green Valley Organics Kefir
Mandatory entry: Leave a comment on this post telling me what your favorite dairy product is.
For additional entries complete any of the following and leave a comment on this post indicating what you have done. :
- Follow @GVOlactosefree on Twitter.
- Join the Green Valley Organics community on Facebook
- Tweet the following:
I just entered to win a delicious dairy prize pack from @GVOlactosefree & @Dineanddish http://su.pr/19MH5Z
All entries must be received by midnight CST on Friday, June 17th. The two winners will be chosen through a random drawing by Random.org.
Recipe: Sweet Cherry Yogurt Popcicles
- 1 cup fresh Bing cherries, stems and pits removed (I adore my OXO Brand Cherry Pitter)
- 1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar (Honey can be substituted)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 12 ounces Green Valley Organics yogurt (I used 6oz honey flavor and 6oz vanilla flavor)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Combine cherries, Agave Nectar and 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice in a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, stir together Green Valley Organics Yogurt, milk, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Prepare 6 6oz Popsicle molds.
- Pour 1 inch of yogurt mixture into each individual mold. Top with 1 inch of cherry puree mixture. Finish with 1 inch of yogurt mixture, or until molds are full.
- Place a Popsicle stick into each mold.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Run mold under warm water, then gently remove to serve.
This is a sponsored post. Green Valley Organics sent me some of their product and compensated me for creating a recipe using their yogurt. All opinions expressed are my own.