The Happiness Report – Week #4

The sun is shining, the snow is almost off the ground, we are supposed to have a high of 70 degrees today, and my kids are off school until Tuesday. There is a lot to be happy about right now! Welcome to the 4th installment of The Happiness Report!

I’m not a big coffee drinker. Unless we have company over, we don’t make coffee. There are some days, however, where a latte or something similar is just exactly what I need. I pulled through the Starbucks drive through yesterday, picked up a Caramel Latte and felt instant happiness at the first sip.

I posted about this on the Dine & Dish Facebook page, but if you haven’t read the post, She Wore It Like a Crown, from Ashleigh Bakes about her grandma, it is a must read. It made my heart ache, but made me full of admiration at the same time. Thanks to Cheryl for bringing this post to my attention in the first place!

Photo courtesy of The Organic Bloom

One of my Happiness Project goals is to actually print and hang up more of the pictures I take. My photos are doing no one any good by just hanging out on my computer hard drive. I fell in LOVE with these picture frames from The Organic Bloom when I saw them on Pinterest last week. Aren’t they amazing?

I bought a purse from JennJohn Handbags on Etsy this past summer and I get so many compliments on it everywhere I go. I’ve never really loved a purse, but this handbag makes me happy! With a cool little key fob, enough room to hold my laptop, camera, and all the stuff I have to carry around, it is such a well made bag that looks pretty too!

Oh, I also joined Life Time Fitness this week with a good friend of mine. That makes me happy too!

That’s it for my happiness report for the week. I love reading about the things that make you happy too, so please let me know in the comments section. Thanks and have a great rest of your week!

Comments

Love it. caramel latte really does it for me too. I am so glad that the little things do it! Can I borrow this idea for my blog? Think this kind of happiness is contagious and I am so glad you are spreadin’ it!

2. Pat Wogan says

I had a McDonald’s Mocha Frappe yesterday. I survived my heart stress test. I was able to see 4 of my grandchildren playing in the snow, thanks to your Project 365. I felt great pride in reading about another of my grandchildren in the Oklahoma paper. K-State beat KU at basketball. My little blue pills are definitely working!

I don’t drink coffee, but cocoa? Oh, yes. One of the hardest things about my diet has been no dairy and this week I’ve let myself have some sugar free cocoa a few times.

Now that it’s warming up, I won’t miss it so much!

It’s going to be 62 degrees today. Also, yesterday I had some delicious ice cream. Honestly, if it’s going to be warmer today I should have waited and had it today!

Thanks for continuing to post these ‘reports’. Based on your first, I read The Happiness Project and have recommended it to family and friends. I think there’s something in it for everyone.

What a great post! It’s so inspiring to see others being happy :) I make coffee every morning, but rarely get latees or fun coffee/tea drinks. So, those treats make me happy, too! I love the frames as well.

Have a great weekend!! :)

My youngest sister is a decent person who is marrying a decent guy, but they don’t bring out the best in each other. That makes me sad, not happy. What made me happy this week was spending the weekend with my mom helping her prepare and put on the bridal shower. I don’t spend enough time with my mom, and this weekend I was happy that I could be with her and my dad.