The Happiness Report #3 – Photoshop, Books and Blogs

It is time again for another post about what has been making me happy lately! Sorry I skipped last week… this weather has made me feel not so happy lately, but I’ve pushed past that and am trying to appreciate it for what it is, which is cold and dreary but through the right eyes, really rather beautiful!

Winter always makes me want to hunker down and read more books and when I’m taking time out of my life to read, I am happier. I really love the website Goodreads as it is such a great way to get book recommendations from friends who also like to read! Join me on Goodreads if you enjoy reading and we can share book recommendations! A new to me favorite author is John Hart. Have you read any of his books? He writes murder / mystery novels, which is not typically my favorite genre, but the first two books I’ve read of his are excellent… The Last Child and Down River. Check them out if you like a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat!

FloraBella Photoshop actions make me happy. If you follow my Photo Journey blog at all, you’ll notice that I use their actions for Photoshop in many of my pictures. With just a click of a button in Photoshop, these actions can transform your photos from something ordinary to something extraordinary.

Really beautiful blogs, with gorgeous photography and writing, make me happy. There are so many of you out in blog world that are incredibly talented. One of my favorites is Fresh New England. It is difficult to find a food blog that is equal in both beautiful photographs and engaging content, but Fresh New England is just that.

Also on my happiness radar this week as well are these Giant M&M Cookies from What’s Gaby Cooking, this oh so pretty DSLR camera strap cover from the Sewtamz Etsy shop, and this distressed EAT sign from Amanda’s Cookin’.

Now it’s your turn. What are some of the things that have made you happy this week? Make sure to share your happiness in the comment section of this post!

Comments

Oh, it’s so fun to look at your “reads!” :)

What’s making me happy? Today our local gourmet shop had a wine and chocolate sampling……tables and tables of chocolates, wines and champagne. that made me VERY happy! Actually, it made me giddy! ♥

I settled in to read your post and I was pleasantly caught off guard. Thank you for the mention! I’m humbled and honored. What made me happy this week? My husband cleaned out the heating vents and changed the air filters- small but important to me; a trip to the Art of the America’s Wing at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston and reading your blog post. Happy valentine’s Day to you and yours and thanks again!

What a great post. I love to discover new links, blogs and ideas from other blogger. Thanks! What makes me happy – well that it is the weekend so i can relax and just focus on me :)

I recently purchased two camera straps from etsy also. One for my daughter (pink and black) one for myself (blue and brown damask), we love them! What made me happy this week: I lost 7 lbs this week on WW!

The first thing is that I got to spend all day with my daughter today! WE had a great time! Another thing that is making me happy is that my hubby is painting his office as I type and bought new furniture for it!!!!! It has needed this for a LOOONG time! Then it is suppsed to go up to 60 degrees by Thurs., THAT makes me exstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Sweet~Girl!
    Love your blog!
    Also love both the beautiful blogs you featured!
    Subscribing to both and tweeting with both!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Let’s see!
    What has made me happy this week?
    Tweeting with YOU about COOKIES of course!
    And…a long walk through the forest this morning with Greg and Doogan!
    Happy Weekend to you Sweetie!
    xo

What made me happy this week? Recognizing that in the middle of a crazy work week that I needed to balance out professional obligations with time to do creative things. Not only recognizing that, but actually doing it.

I just joined Good Read – what an interesting concept! Much easier to find the right book than browsing in the library:)
    What made me happy this week? Making cookies with my girls, Skyping with my sister in Germany and my mom in Serbia, connecting with a long lost friend.

hmm… this week, it made me happy to be able to relax and make a nice meal for the hubby, and for the temperature to finally hit above freezing – I can actually see grass!