An Ended Love Affair (Recipe: Hershey’s Toffee Bit Cookies)

Hershey Toffee Bit Cookies

It was great while it lasted…

I know it was only yesterday that I was claiming my true love for all things snow. Yes, I threw around the word “Happiness” and how I was “present” with my kids. I even said “beautiful” and “Kansas” in the same sentence, which I believe is a first for me. Well happiness schmapiness…. that was yesterday and this is today and today, I am sick of the snow. I loved it for all of 24 hours and now I am 100% done with it, thank you very much. It can go back to Antartica, or where ever the heck it belongs because I am through.

Today, we were snowed in from school again, which is always great with me because I do love having my kids home. Instead of getting all sappy and all lovey dovey with the outdoors like I was yesterday, we stayed inside. We did not leave the house all day and today, we did what makes mama happy, which was spent time in the kitchen baking up yummy treats. I was still present with my kids, having fun, but I wasn’t out freezing my tail off in the process.

So yes, I am fickle and maybe a tad bit indecisive and lead by emotion sometimes, but as my daughter likes to say “That’s how God made me”. Maybe I’ll like the snow again tomorrow. Or maybe not. I do know one thing… these cookies using Hershey’s Toffee Bits will be on my love list for a long time to come!

Recipe: Hershey’s Toffee Bits Cookies (from the back of the Toffee Bits package)

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS ‘O BRICKLE Toffee Bits

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
  2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in toffee bits.
  3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

Comments

First Wedding Cake Frosting… now these delectable little tidbits? You are bound and determined to derail my weight loss now, aren’t you? Not to mention the fact that I told my kids “Now that Christmas is over we are going to stop having so many treats around”… oh…unless mommy’s friend Kristen keeps posting yummy and delicious sugary recipes… ;)

Fantastic :) Snow days are meant for warm ovens and heavenly smells!

This is the second time today I have seen “toffee” as an ingredient. I do not think I can ignore it any longer… these cookies are now a MUST MAKE!!! Great job!!

YUMMO! These little beauties look amazing! :0) Just checked the pantry and I’ve all the ingredients to make them.
    Totally with you on the snow, we don’t get snow like that here in Canberra. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be checking in again!

Oh Kristen…SOOOO not a fan of the snow either. I spent our snow day watching my son and husband play in it…from inside..where I stood at the window eating Hot Cheetos. It’s all good.

These cookies look great…LOVE toffee!!! :)

Send some of that snow to Northern California. But like you, after about 24 hours I’d be done with it. Hope you’re managing okay. The cookies are a perfect snowq day treat. Yum….love toffee bits.

We’ve been having a ball in the snow this week. It’s such an oddity for us to have much snow that I have to get a few years worth of enjoyment while I can!

I’ve also gotta work off all of the cookies, brownies, and bread I’ve been eating. Lawdy mercy! But these… well, they’d be worth another full day of playing in the snow to eat them up!

Oh yeah. I like a good snow day too, but not the part where I’m trudging THROUGH it – more the part where, like today, I knocked off work at 11am, went to the gym, and came home to drink hot toddies and watch the Karate Kid with my husband.

I would like to give you the “Stylish Blogger Award” for your awesomely stylish blog! :)

How this award works is that it’s passed on from blogger to blogger, so I received the award from someone and I pass on the award to others. Part of this award is to write 7 things about yourself (on your blog post) and pass this award to 15 other recently discovered blogs you think deserves this award too.

You can see my post and the link for the award here!

Love it! My husband’s love affair with toffee will also be one to die hard, or more than likely, never die at all. I’m sure he will be asking for these very soon!

As far as the snow goes, in my opinion, all snow should really stay in Colorado where 1000’s can enjoy it on the ski slopes (including myself a few days out of the year). Two exceptions to this rule:
    – Christmas Eve so that everyone has a white Christmas, but not dealing with snowy roads on Christmas day
    – Any random day in February when i need a break from school, this however has to be a whopper of a storm!