This giveaway is now closed. The Random Number Generator chose Carolyn, from All Day I Dream About Food. Congrats Carolyn! If you weren’t as lucky as Carolyn, don’t worry. My good friend Deb from SmithBites is giving away a set of Crosby & Taylor Measuring Spoons too! Hustle over to her blog… her giveaway ends on Wednesday, December 22nd!
I love beautiful things… and as my husband will proclaim, I can go into any store and manage to fall in love with the most expensive thing in it. It’s a special gift I have…like a super power of sorts.
Being surrounded by beautiful things just makes me happier, doesn’t it you? The other day I was in my kitchen making crepes for the first time and frankly, I wasn’t having a lot of success. The first several crepes ended up in the garbage disposal. But, you know what? I didn’t let it get me down. I had beautiful music playing on my Kitchen iHome, I was surrounded by my beautiful family, and every time I glanced to my right, I got a peek at this beautiful pewter measuring spoon set from Crosby & Taylor.
I was introduced to the lovely people at Crosby & Taylor when they contacted me about doing a giveaway for a set of their measuring spoons. As I read their story and browsed their product line, I was immediately drawn in…how could I not be? Everything on their site is beautiful. And as I’ve discovered over the past couple of weeks… the team behind Crosby & Taylor are just as beautiful as their products. They are truly the kind of people you want to know and be associated with.
Thanks to Crosby & Taylor, I have a Vineyard Pewter Measuring Spoons and a Pewter Stand to give away to one lucky Dine & Dish reader. This is sure to be an heirloom you’ll pass down through the generations. To enter, all you have to do is:
- Leave one comment on this post telling me what your most treasured heirloom is that you’ve received.
For multiple entries, you can:
- Become a fan of Crosby & Taylor on Facebook. Come back to this blog post and leave an additional comment letting me know that you did that.
- Crosby & Taylor products would make a beautiful, unique gift for anyone on your list. Hint to hubby… I’d love to have the matching vineyard measuring cups! Head over to the Crosby & Taylor website and tell me what product you’d most like to find under your tree.
The giveaway will end at midnight CST on Tuesday, December 14th and it is my goal to get the winner their gorgeous set before the Christmas holiday.
Now, on to those Nutella Crepes. Delicious, yummy, delectable Nutella Crepes from one of my favorite chefs, Jeffrey Saad. Jeffrey made this for the Bush’s Beans team when we were all in Napa this fall and it was *gasp* the first time I had ever tried Nutella. I was an instant fan. Follow the directions on the recipe and if you haven’t made crepes before, take it from me. It is going to take a few crepes down the drain before you get the hang of it, but after that, you’ll be an old pro in no time!
I was given a set of Pewter Measuring Spoons from Crosby & Taylor as well as a set to giveaway to you all. The opinions about their product stated in this post, however, are my own
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- pinch salt
- 1.5 ounces butter, melted
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash of vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- extra butter to cook with
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- Combine 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla and melted butter in a blender and pulse until foamy add flour and pulse until smooth. Let the batter sit for an hour.
- Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook until the top loses its gloss, which should only take a minute, then flip. The bottom should be golden. Cook the other side for about 15 seconds and then slide out onto a plate. Keep warm in a 250F oven or serve right away spread with Nutella, roll and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Makes about 12 large or 16 small crepes.