Begging and Pleading (Recipe: Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds)

I’ve been blogging…really I have. It just hasn’t been here. I have been fervently trying to keep up with all the newbie bloggers who have submitted applications for adoptions in the Adopt a Blogger program. I literally have an inbox stuffed full of people who are looking for someone a little more experienced to adopt and mentor them so they can get a feel for what blogging is really like. I am running into a problem though… mentors? I have a serious shortage of mentors to help these great, new bloggers out! I hate to see us not pulling together and helping out the newbies, so if you get a chance, please take a look at the blogs currently up for adoption and consider becoming one of their mentors.

I have at least 100 more people to add, with new bloggers applying each day. Spread the word and keep sharing the gifts you have so that Adopt-a-Blogger can continue to be as successful as it has been in the past! And don’t worry… do you think you don’t have enough time or talent to give what it takes to be a mentor? I guarantee you, you do!

I didn’t really have anything else to blog about today, aside from the begging, so I’m going to bore you with some pumpkin carving and Halloween pictures. I also know that it is now officially past Halloween and pumpkin seeds are sooooo last month, but that’s not going to stop me from sharing a very basic Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seed recipe with you! Simple, basic and good enough to bookmark until next year!

Recipe: Basic Buttery Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

• 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds, pulp removed, cleaned and patted dried from a fresh pumpkin
  • 2 Tablespoons butter, melted (do not use margarine)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Toss cleaned, whole pumpkin seeds in a bowl with melted butter and salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so both sides get toasted.

Comments

Those are some cute kids!

I’ve already adopted one. I don’t know that I have time for two, but if you’re getting desperate, I can adopt another! <3

awww how cute are they! I love the expression on the youngest one….shes like…what? huh? Why is there a mummy holding me? Why am I dressed up like this? Mother…I dont understand. LOL

Such cute pictures of the kiddys!
    I loved adopting my last blogger but the one before that didn’t work out so well. :( I think they thought they could start a blog and get rich quick.. Silly blogger.
    Ill go adopt my blogger as soon as I get off work! Promise.

I’ll be keeping my eye out. Since I’m still fairly new myself I want to make sure that I get someone that I can actually help. I love that you post an interview with them so that we can better see how and if we can help them.

Yes, I would like to be a mentor… I looked on the mentor page to sign up, and I didn’t see anything…although, I am half asleep from a food coma right now. So that could be part of the problem ;)

The pictures are great. I remember those day and it brings back wonderful fun memories.

I will head over to your adopt a blogger site but I am not sure that I have all that much knowledge to share

Aww your kids are so cute!!! Obviously they are loving Halloween :) I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for organising my adoption. It is all going really well and it is great to get a fresh prespective on my site. Thanks :)