Slightly Obsessive and Menu Plan Monday

I get slightly obsessive about things, especially when it comes to food and cravings. For example, last week I received an email from a friend about Cinco de Mayo and the very mention of that awesome holiday sent me into a “I MUST have Mexican food, now!” frenzy. Later in the week, I was at McDonald’s with my girls for a playdate and one of the employees was passing out free samples of their new McCafe Caramel Frappe. I had never had a cold coffee drink before and thought I would hate it. Wrong. I loved it and have had 4 since, including another one the same day I had the sample. I’m officially addicted.

This week, you will notice something on my menu plan that was on there last week – Baked Chicken Legs from Chaos in the Kitchen. My friend Amy turned me on to them one day last week, I added them to my menu the first time for Wednesday, and we just had them for the 3rd time tonight. Besides Wednesday night, I made them Saturday for lunch and then again tonight, for dinner. My kids love them, my husband and I love them, and I can imagine that they will be making an appearance on our menu at least once every week from now until the end of eternity. They are THAT good. Oh, and simple…which totally makes it the best deal ever!

In fact, if I had it my way, my menu plan this week would read “Baked Chicken Legs”, “Baked Chicken Legs”, “Baked Chicken Legs”, etc., etc. You get the drift. They have become an obsession.

In an effort to have my family not start growing feathers and walking around clucking and pecking at the ground from too many chicken legs, I’ve decided to add a tiny bit of variety to our menu this week. But just so you know, my wish, at least until the next craving hits, is really for these baked chicken legs.

Comments

I’m glad I’m not the only one that gets obsessive with my cravings… Although you sent me into a craving Mexican food and right before I was heading to bed. Good thing I have some left over guacamole in the fridge, that should tide me over until I can make something tomorrow!
    .-= Crystal’s Cozy Kitchen´s last blog ..Menu – March 22-28 =-.

It is so funny to read this because I am so relating…..as a matter of fact I am that way lately with the Beijing Beef. Grumpy is too! You have convinced me that we will put the chicken on my next week’s menu now! BTW, the cilantro lime shrimp sounds really appeals to me too!
    .-= HoneyB´s last blog ..Jaden’s Noodle Crack is my new addiction =-.

Ok your picture has me hungry for chicken at 6:30 in the morning! LOL
    We eat a LOT of chicken here, so I’m always looking for new ways to fix it!!
    This sounds YUMMO!! My hubby doesn’t like dark meat, so I’ll have to throw a breast or two in……the recipe has a few variations – how exactly are you fixing it?
    “If desired you can brush or toss some of the legs with hot sauce or serve plain or serve sprinkled lightly with Parmesan cheese.”
    .-= TidyMom´s last blog ..Easter Morning Casseroles & Crunchy Coated Bacon! =-.

Nice blog. I love the blog “For the love of cooking too”. I did notice the link to the tilapia takes you to the meatloaf. Looks like a good line up though! I don’t know about the others who posted comments, but I am coming to your house for dinner this week! hehe
    .-= Becky P.´s last blog ..Tasty Meat Pie =-.

This chicken looks delicious! It would definitely make for a good dinner tonight with the chicken I have. The menu looks good also! Thanks!

Wow. Those chicken legs look amazing. I wish I could have some now. I guess that is one of the few advantages of living alone, I could eat those every day, if I wanted to haha.

These look great. I’ve seen them on Chaos in the Kitchen but love knowing that another family enjoyed them as well. What did you serve with them? I want to add them to my menu plan for the week but am drawing a blank on sides. Thanks! So glad you’re back to blogging!

8. michelle says

Yum! Just made this with the same seasonings mentioned above. I added largely diced sweet potatoes to the roasting pan and it was amazing. I served it with a quinoa salad with cucumbers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, chopped basil and a red wine vinaigrette (and a little feta on mine – hubby doesn’t like feta).

Really great and easy dinner, even with all the chopping for the quinoa salad.

Thanks!

1. […] My Newest Baked Chicken Leg Obsession & Menu Plan Monday | Dine … vici blog » Blog Archive » Flashation Flash Menu Builder (Alex Bronco)Menu Monday « The Frugal FanaticAll Things Edible: Menu Plan Monday: Short weekPrestashop module menu horizontal with image by rodliw …Need a New Kitchen Sink? How You Can Find a Fabulous OneDesigns by Lisa Somerville: Kitchen Sink Stamps – Lilacs for MomAdd "My Dropbox" to Your Windows 7 Start Menu – How-To GeekNatural Cold Remedies for Babies? | Flu ImmuneLucas Extreme Cold Weather Fuel Treatment | Flu ImmuneSudafed PE Multi-Symptom Severe Cold Caplets, 12 Count | Flu Immune View the Contact Powered by Staff […]