Menu Planning Monday – Back on Track

1. Goals – Project 365 – Day 1, 2. Bottles – Project 365 – Day 2, 3. Project 365 2010 – Day 3 – Grandma & Leah, 4. Project 365 2010, Day 4 – Mystery Ornament, 5. Project 365 2010, Day 5, Shake It Photo App, 6. Project 365 2010 – Day 6 – Jammie Day, 7. Project 365 2010, Day 7 – Picnic Anyone?, 8. Project 365 2010 – Day 8 – To Be Read, 9. Project 365 2010, Day 9, Cupcake Wrecks, 10. Project 365 2010, Day 9, Cupcake Face, 11. Project 365 2010 – Day 10 – Painting, 12. Project 365 2010 – Day 11 – Cleaning Routine, 13. Project 365 2010, Day 12 – A Rainbow of Temptation, 14. Project 365 2010, Day 13th – Be Happy, 15. Project 365 2010, Day 14 – So sweet…or is she?, 16. Project 365 2010, Day 15 – Slightly Obsessed, 17. Project 365 2010, Day 16 Inspiration, 18. Project 365 2010, Day 17 Tonight’s Going to be a Good Night, 19. Project 365 2010 – Day 18 – Return to Netflix, 20. Project 365 2010, Day 19 – Calming, 21. Project 365 2010, Day 20 – Children’s Hospital, 22. Project 365 2010, Day 21 Cereal for Dinner, 23. Project 365 2010 – Day 22 – Crazy Hair Day, 24. Project 365 2010, Day 23, My New Jo Tote Camera Bag, 25. Project 365 2010 – Day 24 Catholicism

One of my goals for this year was to return to Menu Planning. I’m proud to say it is one of the goals that I am actually doing well at so far. One of the reasons I called the items I wrote down on January 1st as goals instead of resolutions was because I am hoping to attain those goals by the end of the year… not accomplish them on day one. Good thing, because I would be failing miserably if that was the case. They are all top of mind though, so I do have a more centered sense of awareness around them since I wrote the goals down.

One goal that has turned into a new love of mine is Project 365. I love how participating in Project 365 is forcing me to get my camera out more and is motivating me to take some time for myself each day, doing something I truly enjoy. It has also become a format of micro-blogging for me, which has been fun. Above is a little collage of what I’ve taken pictures of so far. I have a long way to go, but I am pretty proud of myself for sticking to it for 24 days so far!

Adopt-a-Blogger matches will be made and posted here by next Sunday at the very latest. We have several newbies who still need to be adopted. If you have any interest at all in adopting a blogger, please head over to this post to sign up. Spread the word… we need experienced bloggers or I’ll have to turn some newbies away.

Here is my menu for this week. What’s on yours?

For more menu planning ideas and inspiration, head over to Menu Planning Monday at I’m an Organizing Junkie or to my friend Jane’s blog, This Week for Dinner.

Comments

I just wanted to say hello. You were one of the first bloggers that I started reading 3 years ago. I lost touch but found you on twitter and reconized you and came back over. Just wanted to say hello and congrats on your fourth child. A lot has happened in 3 years since I first read your blog. I now have one but I am a newbie and feeling my way along. Have a good week.
    .-= Melanie´s last blog ..This is why I love blogging. =-.

Jane’s site has been extremely helpful for me. Sunday night, I know that I better have a meal plan for the week, or at least an idea of what we’ll be eating. We eat a lot better when I plan and I get to blog about exciting, new recipes.
    .-= Katie @ goodLife {eats}´s last blog ..Quinoa "Taco" Salad =-.

Great post Kristen! So far my goals are being accomplished, but some of them I can’t control and may or may not get accomplished at all.

Also, if you need to, I’m willing to adopt two bloggers, I would hate to see people being turned down due to a lack of people to adopt them.
    .-= kamran siddiqi´s last blog ..yet another new look =-.

Great to see all your picts in one place like that – cool stuff and hard to believe it’s already been 24 days!

I’ve yet to narrow in on my goals. I started a list but many of them are so vague. Meal planning would definitely be one of those. Can I copy your meal plans? I get so stuck in a rut with the everyday things we do.
    .-= Amy from She Wears Many Hats´s last blog ..Have you Turned the Tub Around yet? =-.

I’ve been doing Project 365 this year too. I love it. I can’t wait to reflect on the whole year. Your photos are great. I like the idea of doing a collage.

I have always planned my meals for the week. I do it on Sunday and go to the grocery store on Sunday as well. I don’t like to have to worry about what is for dinner during the work week. It keeps me calm in a chaotic world!
    .-= Steph @ Plain Chicken´s last blog ..Olexa’s =-.

Your pic collage is so sweet-project 365…wowo w thats really something…..
    The only menu palnning i have done would be to help mom on some dinner parties or birthdays or evening soirees …or maybe the 1001 recipes and bookmark and all those delicious recipes have to try this week that buzzle in my head during class (yeah i still get thru exams and pretty well…mus be all the food…)is menu planning then….then i am a wee little close arent i?
    Waiting to hear about the adopt a blogger list-am pretty excited really….
    Thanx a ton -u amaze me that u take precious time and patience to pair ‘em up……
    U rock….
    have a cheery wonderfull day….
    .-= sugar plum fairy´s last blog ..A LENTIL CURRY /SIDE WITH LOADS OF GREEN-SPINACH&feNUGREEK =-.

Kristen, I recognize many of these photos! Thanks to you, I’m also participating in Project 365, and I’m finding many of the same benefits you’ve described so well. Thanks for the inspiration.

I also love the idea of new years’ goals, rather than resolutions. They sound so much more DO-able.
    .-= Kate at Serendipity´s last blog ..Tea Verrines with Citrus Fruits =-.

I just started menu planning last week and am doing good so far (week 2!) :)
    It really has made a difference in my week…I can’t even believe it!
    Here’s my plan for the week…
    Mon- Fish tacos Tues – Roast chicken Wed – Flank steak and salad Thurs – leftover buffet Fri – Crockpot Buffalo Chick Sandwiches Sat – Shrimp Arabiatta

Feels so good to know what we are eating this week! :)

Love your Project 365!
    .-= Aggie´s last blog ..Spinach and Orzo Salad with Cranberries and Almonds =-.

Hi Kristen! Your dinners sounds great! My menu planning looks like this: Sunday: lasagna, Monday: tacos, Tuesday: lasagna, Wednesday: lasagna, Thursday: taco salad, Friday: lasagna :) Just kidding (sort of!)

I love making a big batch of something really good on the weekend that the kids will actually eat that I can whip out multiple times during the week.

My New Year’s Resolution this year is to blog (about my New Year’s Resolutions no less!) Check it out sometime in your spare time and let me know what you think. Some of the posts are pretty hilarious (and also pretty true!)

I, too, am trying menu planning this year. So far, it has worked really well and has helped me in grocery buying and time management. I just have to decide not to change my mind during the week!

I am also putting my weekly menu on my blog, www. pictureperfectcooking.wordpress.com, and that has helped me stick with the plan as well.
    .-= Tammi´s last blog ..Weekly Supper Menu =-.

Love your project! I will say I have to plan out my menu or else all i will cook is mexican or italian. I love it but my family gets tired of it. What works best for me is i plan for the entire month. It makes my life so much easier!

Most of my menu planning revolves around whats on sale at thr supermarket. Still It offers me opportunities to be creative. In the last week we have had:
    Korean Pot Roast over Rice
    Crawfish Bisque with Crusty French bread
    Salmon with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze with a White Bean ragout.
    Grilled Chicken Breast with Rice Pilaf
    Blue Burgers with Homemade Onion Rings
    .-= Ed Schenk´s last blog ..Hot Tamale in Detroit =-.

My single friends laugh at me when I tell them that I do this but menu planning but it is a saviour for me. This week I am doing a fridge, freezer, pantry clean so no menu- just using up leftovers supplemented by stuff that we already have on hand.

1. […] Back on Track with Menu Planning Monday | Dine and Dish Tags: few-other, planning, project, random, random-updates Download Horizontal Menu Advancer for Dreamweaver, Horizontal Menu …Menu coffee Vector | Information TechnologyChubbie Chica: Menu MondayMenu fish Vector | Information TechnologyPresidio hotel plan scaled back | San Francisco ExaminerVA – Shatter The Hotel: A Dub Inspired Tribute To Joe Strummer …Color Marker Guided 2D Ribbons | The Pixel CodeFree Adobe Tutorials | Adobe InDesign | Two-Color Printing …Benefit for the Theater Project | Jersey StagesSanta Barbara Edhat : Theater strike ends View the Contact Powered by Staff […]