I’m just going to throw this out there knowing that all of you are probably nodding your head in agreement. What the heck is up with time, lately? I have so much I want to share with you and so much I want to do, but have had the most difficult time pausing life to sit down at the computer and get things written for you all. On my very short list…
- I want to tell you all about the BlogHer Food conference! I am so glad I went and I came home with so many good nuggets of information, plus the scoop on what it was like to meet some of my favorite food blogger friends in person. If you didn’t get the chance to attend, but want to learn everything the rest of us did, head over to their Live Blog recap. The live bloggers did an amazing job capturing all of the good stuff!
- Adopt-a-Blogger… I know… I’ve been getting your emails. You are chomping at the bit for Adopt-a-Blogger 4. I promise, it will happen very, very soon! I’m anxious to get you all paired up for another successful round of mentoring and fun!
- Culinary Snapshot. Oh poor, neglected, Culinary Snapshot. After the blog hack, I had to order a new version of Photoshop for my Mac (long story… they were related in a very abstract kind of way). Once that arrives, which I hope is very, very soon, I’ll get the PB&J Through My Lens post up as well as some of the newest submissions.
- Giveaways – People… I have giveaways for you coming out my ears! I’m so excited to share some of my new favorite things with you over the next couple of months. Just be patient as I find my groove and get back into the swing of posting regularly again.
- I’ve had the pleasure of working with SC Johnson again on their new website and blog. Make sure to head over there and visit for some great tips from myself and other moms all about Family Economics.
And, for your viewing pleasure, I just have to throw in this recipe for you. My friend Jennifer shared it with me and I have to say… this is the BEST salad dressing ever!
Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing
1/4 cup ripe avocado (I used 1 whole avocado)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 1/2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
1 pinch dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 garlic clove
Mash avocado in a bowl, then stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, and vinegar. Add parsley, dill, onion powder, and garlic. Stir until well blended, chill until ready to serve.
*Note I added a little extra vinegar and buttermilk to thin it out to a more pourable dressing.
* I served it as a chopped salad. Romaine, Cilantro, cherry tomatoes, boiled eggs, Parmesan cheese and bacon.