Popcorn? Delicious Popcorn? (Recipe – Perfect Popcorn)

I hadn’t planned on posting today…really I hadn’t. I have a ton of stuff to do today and if I were going to actually post something, it certainly wouldn’t be something I just made 30 minutes ago. No, surely if I was going to post something today, it would come from the backlog of recipes I have in queue waiting to be posted.

Guess what? I am posting something today and it is the very thing I just made and am eating while typing. It must be something outrageously good if it is getting to jump ahead in line, don’t you think? Something like chocolate caramel covered cheesecake? Ooeey gooey cheesy lasagna? How about the most decadent homemade ice cream ever? Absolutely, not. Today, the food that has gotten me over the moon excited is Popcorn. Yes… popcorn! And not even an exotic flavored popcorn. Plain salt and butter popcorn.

I know, right? How could popcorn, even plain popcorn, be delicious enough to get this much attention from me? Well, it is…you have to trust me on this one.

We normally eat microwave popcorn around here, but two weeks ago I decided to buy some popcorn kernels and try to make popcorn the old fashioned way. Not quite sure what I was doing, I made my first batch of popcorn and it was good. Not great, but we liked it fine.

My girls were requesting popcorn today so I decided to Google stovetop popcorn to see what I could come up with. The first recipe that showed up was Elise’s recipe for Perfect Popcorn. With 115 comments raving about the goodness of this plain, buttered popcorn, how could I go wrong? I will admit that I was skeptical that it could be that good, because, really…its popcorn, people. I am here to tell you that you cannot go wrong with this popcorn recipe. It is so buttery (but not grease on your hands and soak through a bag buttery), lightly salted and cooked to perfection…not a single kernel to break a tooth on either!

If you want to pop up a batch of Perfect Popcorn, you can find the recipe on Simply Recipes. I suggest running, not walking, to the nearest store to snatch up the ingredients today!

Like a little flavoring to perk up your perfect popcorn? Give these recipes a try:

Comments

That’s how popcorn is made at our house. Usually my hsband makes the popcorn but last weekend when he was out of town I made it myself. Simple and delishous. I did burn my pinkie on the hot pot, but it was worth it.
    .-= Melanie´s last blog ..Mailbox Monday Aug. 10 =-.

There’s something magical about such simple and delicious foods, especially when they are made/cooked/baked perfectly. Yes popcorn can be perfect :D

Popcorn reminds me of Saturday nights as a child. My mom would set up the popper and fill and big bowl for just us girls. My husband didn’t understand why I insisted on registering for a popper when we were getting married. No micro popcorn here!

I love to grate parmesan cheese over my freshly popped popcorn. Plain ol’ butter and salt can’t be beat though.
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..A Tiny Cake For A Big Birthday Month =-.

That recipe is great, thats almost how we do it, but we use olive oil, and omit the butter. Its funny, I bought popcorn yesterday, and there was only one little jar among all the different microwave selections of popcorn. Its sad so little people take time to make the good stuff!
    .-= Angelia McGowan´s last blog ..Easy Spinach Manicotti =-.

After seeing your popcorn photo, I had to try this. Loved it, although, I think I burned some of mine. It tasted like movie theatre popcorn. I chose to add butter and the kernals at the same time.
    .-= Rachelv´s last blog ..Soccer has started =-.

6. Terri H says

Instead of heading to bed as I should have, I found myself making popcorn at 10:30 at night! Ours was “practically” perfect as we had about twice as many un-popped kernels, but my popcorn has been hanging out in the cabinet for awhile. Brought back memories of TV nights with my mom as this was her method for making popcorn. I used the “Atom Pop” (made in Kansas! http://atompoppopper.com) that my mom gave me many years ago. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!