End the Search Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a new post up over at the SC Johnson Right@Home website. Delusions of a Stay at Home Mom is my reflection of how I thought things would be once I stayed at home with my kids versus the reality of my life now. I’ve also included my absolute, all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. My friend DeLynn created this recipe with her friend Lisa several years ago and since she passed it along to me, I haven’t strayed from it at all. It is 100% perfect!

Head over HERE to check it all out!

Per a couple of comments on this post, I gave credit to my source for the cookie recipe, which was my friend DeLynn & her friend Lisa. For those of you reading the comments, I will also give credit to the two people who are saying this recipe is from Mary Bartz, resident cookie expert in the Betty Crocker Kitchens. However you get this recipe or came across this recipe, it is one of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes out there.

End of the Search Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips (I like to use the milk chocolate / white chocolate swirl chips)

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
3. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in one half of the chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, about 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Place several of the reserved chocolate chips on top of each cookie (This step is not necessary…you can mix them all in, but the presentation of the cookie is better with this step in place).
7. Bake 9-12 minutes or until light brown.
8. Cool slightly.
9. Remove from cookie sheet, cool on wire rack.

Comments

I enjoyed your piece Kristen, it was very were written and as for the recipe, well I copied it down pretty quick. I do like those swirly chocolate drops, the suggestion of reserving some on to place on at the end is one I will try.

hollers last blog post..Brownies with Dried Fruit

Replace scrapbooking with painting and I had pretty much the same delusions too! And I know what you mean about shopping, especially in Winter. Is it really, I mean really worth it to bundle up the kids to go shopping? Well, sometimes. ;) I’ll have to try the cookie recipe, we all love chocolate chip cookies!

LyBs last blog post..Tuesdays With Dorie – French Pear Tart

3. Carolynn Scoffield says

The recipe is indeed a keeper, but not at the invention of your two good friends!! I have had this recipe tor a quite a few years now, first finding it in a Gold Medal Cook Booklet under the name” Mary’s Chocolate Chip Cookies”– a recipe from a Mary Bartz whom worked in Gold Medal’s test kitchens. Then several years ago I found this same recipe on thier website (Betty Crocker.com) under the name “Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies”. If you compare this recipe with the one you shared, it is identical except for the amount of vanilla–Gold Medal having 1 Tablespoon and yours reduced to 2 teaspoons(1less teaspoon of vanilla in your recipe). So, while the recipe is indeed “EXTRAORDINARY” your friends did not come up with it ORIGINALLY!! Check with them and I’ll just bet THIS was the recipe they started with– it just is TOO EXACTLY THE SAME as the recipe I included here to NOT BE where they got the reccipe that they shared with you. Check your sources to be sure– some of these recipes are copyrighted you know!
    Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies
    An easy chocolate chip cookie to make with extraordinary results!
    Did You Know…
    Mary Bartz, resident cookie expert in the Betty Crocker Kitchens, is famous for these cookies. On special days when she brings them to the office, her cookie jar empties within minutes. They’re everyone’s favorite!

Prep:20 min Start To Finish: 35 min
    Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies
    1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
    1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
    1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    2 eggs
    4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 package (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (4 cups)

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl using spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
    2. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
    3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool.

This recipe is delicious. I cut it out from the back of a Gold Medal flour bag over ten years ago. It is called Mary’s Chocolate Chip Cookies. Mary Bartz, it goes on to say, works for Betty Crocker Kitchens. It is registered and trademarked by General Mills. I typed in the key words: Mary Bartz Choc chip Betty Crocker and, lo and behold, it led me to your website. I agree with fellow blogger Carolyn Scoffield (above post.) Let’s give credit where credit is due! The only “original” thing your friends DeLynne and and Lisa did was add a different kind of chocolate chip!

5. Erin says

Dear Editor,
    Hello,
    Please indicate suggestions you have for adding moderation to my comments. Perhaps you would like to omit the sentence beginning with “My own copy…” ? I am a teacher and instruct my students not to plagiarize. Thank you.
    Kind regards,
    Erin

6. Erin says

Kristen, Hi, again.
    As per our email, you removed only the words “My own copy,” instead of the entire sentence, as I suggested, so now it is an incomplete sentence, and doesn’t make sense.

As I mentioned in my email, it is unfortunate that your friend passed off the recipe as her own, which was misleading and unfair to you.
    Sincerely, Erin

I’m sure these are amazing! I don’t cook any chocolate chip cookies without using the swirl chocolate chips.. They make things look so pretty and taste amazing as well!
    -Sylvia