Menu Plan Monday – On Tuesday

It feels like Monday to me. Actually, it kind of still feels like the weekend. After two full weeks of school, our kids have their first offical day off for Teacher Inservice things. I love it when they extend an already long weekend with an extra day off of school, but it makes me wish that we had more long weekends like this. My husband took off work too, so it has been an extra amount of fun to have daddy home with us!

I feel the need to explain my menu this week. We had a big neighborhood pool party on Saturday and we had a ton of leftover sandwich buns. My husband smoked some meat and we had a party at our house on Sunday night and got rid of one huge package, but we still have one huge package left. By huge, I mean commercial size package. We have a lot of buns to go through! So, it is sandwich week at Dine & Dish!

What’s on your menu this week?

Comments

Wow, I’m somewhat impressed by your ability to plan an entire week’s meals and include several recipes from blogs. For me, it’s usually one, *maybe* two actual recipes and then a hodgepodge for the rest of the week, and I never plan more than a day in advance. Most of my decisions are governed by what’s going bad in the fridge. Tonight, for example, I’m worried about the state of that last bit of bread and cheese, so I’ll have cheese toast for dinner. Tomorrow, who knows? Probably my standby cheese and sour cream tortillas, though it could be a Boca Burger.

Judiths last blog post..A Quandary

I used to plan our weekly menus, but since hubs started all his business travel, I’ve stopped. I feel bad about not planning and would like to do it again, but he’s only home on the weekends now and my boys are going through an excessively picky phase. PBJ or grilled cheese sandwiches are all they want! So I just fix myself a salad and add some sliced grilled chicken. Boo hoo. :-)

That’s one of my favorite panini – you’re gonna love it!

You’re motivating me to finally do some meal planning of my own. I’ve been stacking recipes in the kitchen in hopes of making them, but I think a well thought-out list would be a much more effective approach! So far the only “plan” I have for the week is for tonight: reubens!

I have that Turkey and Vegetable Hand Pie bookmarked to make at some point too!

No menus here this week as we leave Thursday for a little vacation with the Mouse. I think tonight is some lamb chops and we’re eating all the leftovers in the fridge on Wednesday.

Mrs. Ls last blog post..Small Plates – September 1, 2008

Great menus! I ate so much over the weekend that this week will be lots of veggies, salads, fruit, grilled fish and chicken. Of course the kiddies will want chicken nuggets and mac and cheese.

Lisas last blog post..Labor Day Feast!

Well, I start the night shift in the ER on Thursday until Sunday, so my meals will be interesting. Monday I have leftover chicken and grilled veggie sandwich. Tonight I have spinach ricotta stuffed chicken with stir fry veggies. Tomorrow I’ll have oatmeal with lots of fruit. Thurs-Sunday? Hmmm…probably wraps and lots of easy to grab snacks…carrots and hummus, fruit, cereal, crackers. We’ll see.

claires last blog post..It’s a Tradition

Wow, I’m very impressed that you’ve planned every day out so well! I never know exactly what I’ll be eating each week, although I did get some lamb very cheap at the supermarket because the expiration date had passed by one day (was still good though) and I immediately cooked it up into a curry. I imagine we’ll be going through that this week. Also I’ve discovered the amazing flavor of roasting veggies and will probably be roasting the green beans I picked up with garlic, olive oil and maybe a red pepper!

Hopies last blog post..Crumble aux fruits d’été