Ugh – in the last couple of days, my computer got hit by some kind of virus or trojan or something. I still don’t know what it was, but it caused serious havoc in my world. To make matters worse, I tried to fix it by downloading what I thought was a legitimate spyware program, which ended up being virus fueled as well. I have wasted so much time on computer problems this week. I was about to lose my mind when I stumbled upon a great computer repair help board called, Bleeping Computer (appropriate name, isn’t it?). Thanks to the helpful tips of some of the forum posters, my woes are gone.
This morning I was knee deep in annoying computer problems and didn’t even want to think about breakfast. But, guess what… the kids thought they needed to eat. Can you believe their nerve? When times like these strike, I go for pure simplicity. Something quick, healthy and full of vitamins. The best part is the kids have noooooo idea that I am cramming nutrition down their throats. They think they are having milkshakes for breakfast and because of that, I am the coolest mom in the world!
If you need a little simplicity to start your morning, give a breakfast smoothie a try. There are plenty of options out there, but this tasty Blueberry smoothie is one of our favorites!
Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie
5 minutes total | 5 minutes prep
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- Put ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smoothie is at your desired consistency.
- For a thicker smoothie, add additional ice cubes.
So, you love smoothies? Here are some other great smoothie recipes from food bloggers around the globe:
- Breakfast Smoothie, from Food for Thought
- Pomegranate Smoothie, from Eat Me, Delicious
- Creamsicle Power Smoothie, from Food Blogga
- Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie, from GreenLiteBites