A Right Start

It is a fact of life that little things happening in the morning can really impact your mood and how the rest of your day goes. Waking up to a puking kid at 5am usually will start the day in a downward spiral. Having your hair turn out just right equates to a good day. Realizing that your car’s gas tank is on empty and you are already running late for where you need to be? Not a great day. Hearing your favorite song on the radio when you wake up in the morning can make a great start to a day. Losing your contact down the bathroom sink? A bad day is on the horizon.

If your day has started off with a “looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed” frame of mind , don’t fret. There is still a way to turn your day around easily without losing it to the bad karma monsters. Start your morning off with a delicious breakfast. Fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels… take a few minutes out to sit with your family to eat and your day will most certainly start to turn around the right way. (Well, that is if no one spills their milk, or empties a whole box of cereal onto the floors while pulling it down off of the pantry shelf.)

For an extra special start to the day, I like to make breakfast pizza. If you are pressed for time, preparing it the night before and then baking it in the morning works out well.  Guaranteed to turn any down in the dumps outlook into an optimistic frame of mind, this pizza is filling, flavorful and very easy to put together.  Fend off a bad day the right way with the right start. What a difference the right breakfast can make!

Breakfast Pizza

1 lb ground pork

1 8oz package Pillsbury crescent rolls

1 cup shredded hash browns – thawed

1 4 ounce can mushrooms, drained

5 slices bacon

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

5 eggs

1/4 cup milk

2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese

Brown pork and drain fat. Cook bacon and blot off grease. Cut bacon into small, bite size pieces. Lightly spray with cooking spray a 9×13 glass cake pan. Press crescent rolls on bottom and up sides of pan. Layer pork, hash browns, mushrooms, bacon, Cheddar and Mozarella cheeses on top of crescent roll dough. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk together. Pour egg and milk mixture over the top of other ingredients in the 9×13 pan. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.

Comments

Pizza for breakfast? Oh yes, I totally dig that! Of course, back at University, I did that all the time, except it was cold, leftover pizza, this one sounds much tastier! :)

This dish looks so delicious! I love these types of breakfasts, they fill me up and give me energy for the day! Thanks for the great recipe!

So sorry he is still sick. Yeah, it ruins the mood and makes you puke too. Talking about kids and stress, Read what I wrote at FH!:D
    I would love that pizza in the morning! Beautiful!:)

Now I’m embarrased to admit that I had a slice of cold pizza (not the breakfast kind!) for breakfast this morning because I was running late. This recipe sounds delicious, though – it sounds like a perfect weekend breakfast for us!

This sounds great…and easy. Plus, anyone who is humble enough to using a recipe that calls for Pillsbury rolls and a can of mushrooms, is square with me. I love this kind of whip it up from the pantry cooking periodically (when I blogged a recipe like that, a she-beast came out of the woodwork to slap me around in the comments section and accuse me of being like Sandra Lee and making cr*p), so now I’m defensive and happy to see others “keeping it real” with reliable and simple recipes like this. I like it, and I’m going to try it.

One way I assure a great morning? Trader Joe’s croissants. Every harried mother needs to know about those. They are tiny flaky croissants, raw, and frozen. You put two on a little tin in the toaster oven and let them thaw overnight while you sleep. By morning, they have proofed and risen, and you bake them off for 20 minutes while you shower. Huge, puffy, golden, flaky croissants. Every body needs one.

Thanks for your funny post and yummy recipe!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comment. i love pizza for breakfast and this looks yummy, it is fast and easy to make, a recipe to keep in mind