I need to get some pictures posted, but it will have to wait. For now, I’m just going to post a few things that have happened in the past few days that I want to remember. Tomorrow, I’ll post pictures of Christmas and various other things that have happened around the homestead.
- First off, Kelly has been inspired by a book she received from her Aunt Molly on her birthday. As if my 3 year old needs any other excuse to be a Diva, the book “Fancy Nancy” has brought out the inner fashionista in her. Today we went to see Charlotte’s Web at the movie theatre and Kelly insisted on wearing her black patant shoes, pink sunglasses, a fuzzy hair pretty and a leopard print purse. Oh my! (By the way… the movie was great!)
- Ella turned 7 months old today. She’s going to be crawling before we know it, but right now she is working on doing a little wave when you wave to her. Too cute
- Jacob is starting to scare me with his photogenic memory and his ability to remember every single slogan for a company that he hears on TV when he and Nick are watching football games. We were driving to the mall tonight and he saw signs of various establishments (Circuit City, Best Buy, Kohl’s, Wal-Mart, etc) and as we passed them I heard him in the backseat saying each places slogan or tag line.
- Kelly, out of the blue today, asked if Ella was a boy or a girl. Has she really been wondering this for the past 7 months and just got around to asking?? This is the same girl who this week, after our fish passed away a month ago and she participated in the funeral, asked when passing by the tank “Where’s flower the fish?” like she just realized he/she wasn’t there. Oh Kelly.. you’ve just got to love her little spacey mind sometimes!
- Jacob has been a little obsessed with death this week. After Charlotte’s web we had a conversation about death and he said “Mom, everyone dies eventually. In fact, you and dad are pretty old so I think you’ll probably die soon.” No sadness or remorse in his voice at all. At the ripe old age of 33, I’m suddenly over the hill to him!
- The kids have loved playing with their Chrismtas presents. I think I’ve played more games with them this week than I have since they were born. If you are looking for some great kid friendly games, Sorry is a good one. Any of the Cranium games are great too. We played a new Discovery Toys game today that was great as well…from A to Z. Very fun! I love playing games, so like my parents had me to wash their dishes and change their TV station before the remotes came along, I had kids so I could have constant board game companions.
Oh the memories! I’ll post pictures tomorrow, I promise. Until then, have a great night!